Albert Einstein once said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. So often we want to change things in our lives, but we are not willing to make changes and do things differently to achieve those changes.
How many people want to lose weight and get in better shape in the new year? Many. But how many of those people are willing to do what it takes to lose weight and get in better shape? Few.
What would you like to change in 2012? Not just in your physical appearance, but in your life, your relationships, and in your business?
Here are a few easy steps to reach those goals:
1. Write the goal down. Make the goal achievable, yet still beyond your grasp so you have to stretch to reach it.
2. Write down where you are now, so you have something to track. Remember, ONLY what is tracked gets improved.
3. Write down 3 – 5 daily or weekly steps you will COMMIT to do to reach your goal. Commit in your heart, then share that goal with someone else who can hold you accountable.
4. Document your successes, no matter how small. Keep a notebook, a journal, an Excel spreadsheet, or whatever works for you.
5. Celebrate your successes, no matter how small. Decide on certain rewards for the small successes and plan a big reward or celebration when you reach your goal.
The next 12 months will pass by whether you work to improve your life or not. What do you want your life to be on 12/31/12? It’s up to you.
I’m wishing you a happy, healthy, blessed and prosperous New Year!